Nearpeer Case Study
Nearpeer is a social network for college students, academic advisors and professors to connect around academic groups and topics.
Team Lead, UX Writer, User Researcher, Technical Writer
The onboarding experience was confusing and cumbersome.
- User Research (Interviews, Focus Group)
- User Map, Wireframing, Information Architecture, UX Strategy
- Usability Testing (Card Sorting, Moderated Walk-through, Heuristic)
- A/B Testing
- Agile Development
- Testing shows dramatic improvements in onboarding conversions.
- Built relationships with beta testers. They felt heard and appreciated.
- Delivered UX Writing guide to add to design system.
- Built stronger trust with product owner and defined checkpoints in sprint plan for UX strategy/writing.
Maine Startup Map Case Study
Maine Startup Map is a live data visualization and web application of startup businesses in the state of Maine, organized by category and stage of growth.
Product Manager, UX Writer, User Researcher
Business leadership promised strategic partnerships lead-generation tools including a content wall that contradicted UX best practices.
- Discovery Research (Stakeholder Interviews, Beta Tester Interviews)
- Design Workshop
- Wireframes (Mockups with Copy)
- Usability Testing (Card Sorting, A/B Testing)
- Collected high quality 800+ emails from community
- Improved user experience
- Educated leadership and stakeholders on the importance of good user experience flow and communication
- Good UX supports long term growth and brand loyalty
Success at Scale
In partnership with a major Telecom company, our team shipped a fully rendered VR experience to over 4,500 Walmart locations and trained 15,000 employees on Google Cardboard.
Our team redesigned and refactored the end-to-end airline catering software used by many major carriers. Serves